RESEARCH & SCOPING
Jan's detailed knowledge of the creative industries and particularly the fashion sector, gives a unique foundation and strong personal interest to undertake research and scoping projects that make a difference.
Past work has included:
- Scoping study to inform Enterprise Qatar of intervention options for developing a new creative industries economy in the region.
- Author of Leeds City Council Feasibility Study for developing the fashion eco-system/launch of a fashion incubator
- Research, preparation and writing of a Business Plan for the new fashion educational establishment in Istanbul, which then went ahead and launched in 2007 as the Istanbul Moda Academy. Subsequent to this, was the preparation of a proposal for the Istanbul based fashion talent incubator Incube, which launched in 2013.
- Project management of the NESTA commissioned research project on ‘The Designer Fashion Economy’. This provided an invaluable insight and analysis into the business structure, networks, positive relationships and barriers to growth for both micro and small to medium sized Designer fashion businesses located in the capital. Contributed to the final published report.
- Project management of the research project commissioned by the DCMS to assess the feasibility of the development of a high-end production hub for London. Contributed to the final published reports: One Two
- Project management of a new high-end support initiative – the Alliance (membership included Centre for Fashion Enterprise, UKFT, Creative Skillset, Grant Thornton and BFC) – focusing on the needs of London based high-end fashion manufacturers, and identifying investment, market, skills and knowledge gaps, informing the development of resources to support these businesses. Co-author of toolkits: Designers' Toolkit Fashion Toolkit
- Project management of a one year Intellectual Property Office project to identify economic opportunities through more effective IP protective. Deliverables: economic impact, dissemination, developing IP Guides and Toolkits for Fashion SMEs.