EXPERT SPEAKER AND TRAINING
Jan is an enthusiastic ambassador for the creative industries, and enjoys speaking to engaged audiences, and developing and delivering training programmes.
This has included:
- Leading on the British Council, Fashion DNA 2017 workshop with Ukrainian Fashion Week
- Founding the Short Courses department at London College of Fashion, which offers an extensive range of over 200 specialist fashion short courses, summer schools, and evening courses; as well as a successful study abroad programme
- Masterclass expert in designer business start-up and fashion finance for Fashion Scout in London.
- Keynote speaker talking about fashion tourism and fashion cities, at the Bilbao International Art & Fashion project ‘Fashion Futures’ conference, Museum of Fine Arts, Bilbao, Spain. Other speakers were Valerie Steele - Director of the Museum at FIT, New York; and Kaat Debo - Director at MoMu, Antwerp.
- Cashflow and accessing finance workshops for the Centre for Fashion Enterprise, attended by early stage designer businesses
- Delivering business and finance Masterclasses for Creative United, and facilitating networking events.
- Expert fashion business start-up speaker at University of the Arts London Artsmart programme aimed at fashion graduates from across the capital
- Development and co-ordination of a 3-day high-level fashion speaker programme for the Department for Industry & Trade (DIT) overseas commercial officers – Jan brought in speakers from Lulu Guinness, Orla Keily, UK Fashion & Textiles, Centre for Fashion Enterprise, Anderson & Sheppard, Savile Row Bespoke and more...
- Lecture programme and one-to-one follow up with young Turkish designers through the
Instanbul Moda Academy
- Development of professional short course portfolio at the Arts University Bournemouth