FASHION TOURISM STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT
Working with clients across many creative industries projects gives Jan a unique insight to local, regional and national political and trade agendas to develop innovative ‘place marketing’ strategies for cultural tourism development based on fashion and the creative industries. Jan provides consultancy advice to clients on:
- Global fashion tourism trends
- Global case studies – how fashion can strategically position a place;
- Identifying local, regional and national fashion tourism asset bundles that are based on cultural heritage, local distinctiveness and regional identity;
- Stakeholder co-ordination and co-operation to ensure maximum impact;
- Developing marketing actions for all year round sustainable and cultural tourism development;
Jan has developed an extensive network and understanding of the many stakeholders who contribute to developing a strong Fashion Tourism offer in the cities she is currently working with (London, Paris, New York, Antwerp and Bath). These include trade associations, trade fair events managers, PRs, retailers, designers and brands, students, tourism agencies, museums and galleries, universities and colleges, journalists, photographers and film makers.
Jan is also:
- A member of the Steering Committee for the Bath In Fashion annual fashion festival now in its sixth year, and currently under evaluation.
- One of the pool of experts for the panel of European Capitals of Culture, managed by the European Commission. The scheme aims to boost cultural, social and economic development. Many cities like Lille, Glasgow and Essen, have demonstrated that the title can be a great opportunity to regenerate their urban centres, bringing creativity, visitors and international recognition.
- Member of the RODA Cultural Association, which provides creative and cultural industries strategic advice to Bilbao, UNESCO City of Design. Other members include Valerie Steele (Director of the Museum at FIT, NYC) and Javier Viar, Director General of Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, amongst others.